RC file translation via winehq?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Jan 5 04:52:57 CST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Scott Ritchie wrote:

> Translations are cool, but before we ask for translation help, I think
> it would be prudent to finish up our rewrite of the documentation.  This
> includes Brian's rewrite, which is dependant on winecfg functionality.

That would be for translating the Wine documentation but that's not
exactly what Mike proposed. Still once we decide it's ready to go
translation the Wine doc should be quite feasible using po4a and the
tools for handling .po files online that Ferenc Wagner mentioned.

But .rc files are a completely separate issue:
  * they are ready for translation
    (with the exception of the winecfg one)

  * we can't use .po files, at least for now
    The main issue here is that translating a .rc file may imply resizing
the GUI elements so that the translation fits :-/.

  * so we'll need to develop our own online .rc file translation tools

So this part can be started now and seeing as how we now have pretty
talented web developers on board it's certainly going to be exciting...

                   A black hole is just God dividing by zero.