Fwd: wineserver: fix get_update_region for desktop window

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Jan 5 14:22:32 CST 2005

Alexandre,

could you please give a short comment on this one?

Thanks,
Michael

Subject: wineserver: fix get_update_region for desktop window
Date: Wednesday 05 January 2005 00:36
From: Michael Jung <mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de>
To: wine-devel at winehq.org
Cc: wine-patches at winehq.org

Calling SetSysColor in the current cvs version of wine causes an infinite
 loop in update_now in dlls/user/painting.c. As I understand it, the problem
 is the following: get_update_flags will promote it's child window argument
 to the next child window (via a wineserver call to get_update_region), if
 the current child doesn't need any repaint. Calling get_update_flags on the
 desktop window will always return a repaint flag, so it never gets ahead.
 The attached patch automatically promotes the child window argument to the
 first child, if called on the desktop window. I don't know if this really is
 the desired behaviour. Another fix would be to not return any repaint flags
 for the desktop window.

Ciao,
 Michael