video4linux - wine

MediaHost (TM) webmaster at startcom.org
Wed Jan 5 16:11:02 CST 2005

What you write here, seams to me very interesting! Specially your last
sentence is actually the thing I'm looking for: How to make win
applications believe, that there is a real device and supply whatever it
wants....

So even the project I was supposed to work on, is already dead, before
it started really, but I think there is a interesting discussion going
on.....so maybe we keep it going? Support for web cams under wine!
Sounds terrific!

Of course v4l support is the basic condition, but there are many (linux)
drivers around for web cams. I think, that there are programmers on this
list, which have the expertise to get us one step further with
implementing a video device under wine. It's probably the same approach,
like implementing /dev/dsp oss or alsa driver settings, but for the
video stream!?

--
Regards

Signer:      Eddy Nigg
Company: StartCom Linux at www.startcom.org <http://www.startcom.org/>
                MediaHost^(TM) at www.mediahost.org
<http://www.mediahost.org/>
Skype:      startcom <callto://startcom/>
Phone:      +1.213.341.0390