[winegcc] Include .so files when calling winebuild

Peter Berg Larsen pebl at math.ku.dk
Fri Jan 7 06:30:56 CST 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> Of course, there is the bigger problem of why you need these in there.
> In fact, in the beginning of winegcc, we used to pass them to winebuild,
> but we've stopped long time ago.

Hmm, okay - it seems that I am going down the wrong road.

I have a project with ca. 10 libraries with source, 2 binaery only dll,
and 3-4 projects that uses all of these libraries. I have a goal of
replacing/porting one of the binaery only dlls. This perticula dll is use
all over the place. When replaceing one functionallity at a time from the
dll, I want it to be link at one place only (otherwise some libraries
would use the real dll, other my reemplentation). Therefor the libraries
are just created by gcc -shared -o foo.so *.o, and the handling the
symbols are first done when linking to one of the 3-4 projects. Which
brings me back to the questions; at the linking time some symbols in the
shared libraries might use symbols in the dll, that are not dealt with
(used in the project I am compiling).

Does that make sense?

There is might be the road of building the libraries static, which winegcc
seems to parse to winebuild.

Peter