Announcing security hardened kernels for testing

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Fri Jan 7 07:40:56 CST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 13:46 +0100, pageexec at freemail.hu wrote:
> i totally agree with you on this one ;-), but the feasibility of this
> depends on how dynamic these proxies have to be, i.e., is enough
> information known at compile/link time to create them in a read-only
> section or not.

The thunks we're talking about push an index onto the stack and then
call a function, so technically we could pre-generate lots of thunks at
compile time that do this but it'd put an upper limit on the number of
vtable entries you could have which I'm not keen on.

They might also push an object ptr as well, I don't remember ...