winecfg fixes, now with actual patch

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Fri Jan 7 09:36:07 CST 2005

Crestez and I talked about this patch on #winehackers, and there are a few
things that need to be changed (let's ignore the formatting changes here):

- There was code to avoid a crash when the desktop value read from the
  registry doesn't have an x in it for some reason (yes this does happen)
  but this patch deletes it
- mode_to_label is for translated, UI strings, not for stuff to be put in
  the registry. It does say this in a comment but I can appreciate that
  it looks at first glance like pointlessly duplicated code. We should
  fix this, especially as right now winecfgs translation support is weak.
  But for now the replacement of a case statement with a mode_to_label
  call is incorrect.

thanks -mike