wine alsa detection

Joris Huizer jorishuizer at planet.nl
Tue Jan 11 06:53:05 CST 2005

Vincent Béron wrote:
> Le lun 10/01/2005 à 19:53, Vincent Béron a écrit :
>
>>Le lun 10/01/2005 à 05:16, Joris Huizer a écrit :
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>Today I switched back to alsa 0.9 (downgraded everything that had to do
>>>with alsa 1.0 as far as I can tell) but still, alsa is detected as
>>>available:
>>>
>>>checking alsa/asoundlib.h usability... yes
>>>checking alsa/asoundlib.h presence... yes
>>>checking for alsa/asoundlib.h... yes
>>>checking for snd_pcm_open in -lasound... yes
>>>
>>>And wine breaks when compiling wine alsa - then it does all the
>>>compiling again as dependencies are assumed to be wrong -- finally
>>>breaking again at the same place;
>>>Are you sure your configuration patch tests for those failing functions?
>>>I attached a log of it failing with wine 0.9 - maybe you have to test
>>>for some (all??) of those?
>>
>>Did you apply the patch I sent yesterday? It's not in cvs yet, so you'll
>>need to apply it by hand on a fresh cvs checkout. Don't forget to
>>regenarate configure from configure.ac via autoconf.
>

> Oups, my bad. The patch was applied today by Alexandre, after you sent
> your email (based on the time in my mailbox, but some of them are wrong,
> like mails sent by Mike McCormack). Could you retest cvs please?
>
> Alsa 1.0 should be detected and compile correctly (both before and after
> the patch).
>
> Vincent

Thanks, I can confirm it works now; no compilation errors and HAVE_ALSA
is not defined in include/config.h (and sound works as I'd expect, must
be using the OSS compatibility layer of alsa 0.9)
One note though, winecfg seems to be doing something weird, it reports
'alsa' when asked to autodetect

regards,

Joris