import stubs

Dan Notestein dan at syncad.com
Tue Jan 11 22:06:08 CST 2005

Instead of directly using native methods to export functions from wine
shared libs,
Wine and WineLib emulate the windows methodology for exporting/importing
these
functions. Is this just to enable the use of native Windows dlls in Wine, or
is it needed for other
reasons?

I ask because we're currently using WineLib to port to Solaris and HPUX,
where native Windows dlls wouldn't work anyways, and it might be nice
if we can remove this overhead on these platforms (and save us some porting
headaches).
However, before we started this work, we want to be sure there are no
"gotchas" associated
with removing it.