WineHQ:winetest: produce valid HTML

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Wed Jan 12 17:19:32 CST 2005

Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> writes:

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:26:18 +0100, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> What makes you think I've got one?  It should be *you*
>> who speak up and tell what information/presentation is
>> need for the best and easiest use.
>
> I basically did: some UI for test.winehq.com to let you
> easily navigate the available builds.

In the works (Jer?)  What kind of navigation would you
prefer?  Is forward/backward and a directory list (like
flashy PHP frontend) enough?  Do you want such buttons
scattered on the page?  A directory button, perhaps?  Web
design is surely not my strength...

> Also clicking on the info/name links gives a 404 right now
> in many cases, so ...

Yes, that's the effect of putting new skin on an old body:
old submissions simply don't have that information available
separately.  Tests submitted and processed after the commit
(not more than two so far, I think) don't have this problem.
I didn't want to complicate the code with conditionaly
emitting the links; those tests are old and of limited
interest only.  Hope we'll get new binaries soon.

> just making it feel more like a full website and some
> extra polish really :)

D'oh, aesthetics... ;)
--
Feri.