[AppDB] Now User Preferences is Br0ck. (fix sort of?)

Paul van Schayck polleke at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 08:26:14 CST 2005

Hey Tony,

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:39:19 -0700, tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
<tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net> wrote:
> > Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
> > allocate 68254 bytes) in /var/www/html/appdb/include/db.php on line 35
> >
> > Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
> > allocate 136 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Which PHP version are you running (and which one is the live server).
I don't see it happening (4.3.9) and neither does Jonathan (5.x).

> This patch fixes it on my system. the wierd thing is that on my system I have.
>
> define("APPS_DB","apidb");
> and
> define("USERS_DB","apidb");
>
> So why would it make any difference?

This is the most weird thing I've ever seen. Are we overloading the
connection or something. And consider this aswell:

" If a second call is made to mysql_connect()  with the same
arguments, no new link will be established, but instead, the link
identifier of the already opened link will be returned."

The only consistent I've seen yet is that it's always this line:
$sStatusMessage .= "Query: ".$sQuery;

Really weird,
Paul