Running dxdiag

Paul Vriens Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 13 12:56:45 CST 2005

Hi,

I was trying to run dxdiag (just for the fun of it). Dxdiag complains
that it cannot find any dll. This is correct because what it does is
check the directories in the "Path". The dll's are of course not present
on a clean install as all are builtin.

according to that if it cannot find the dll.

How can we act on an app which checks for a 'physical' presence of a
dll?

For now I did 'ln -s /usr/local/lib/wine/ddraw.dll.so ddraw.dll' to get
around this. This is of course not very flexible.

Any ideas? Or will any solution yield in a performance drop as we have
to do some extra checks?

Paul.