Running dxdiag

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Jan 13 17:26:35 CST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:56:45 +0100, Paul Vriens wrote:
> How can we act on an app which checks for a 'physical' presence of a
> dll?

Somebody needs to write a program that dumps the NT headers of each
winelib DLL to the appropriate place in the virtual drive C when it's
first created (in wineprefixcreate).

It's been talked about before, Andi even did it once but then his patch
was eaten by wayward hardware before it could be submitted. So we really
need somebody to pick this project up and run with it.

Dumping the headers is necessary for stupid installers that map DLL files
manually and rummage around in the headers to figure out versions and
stuff ... simply having an empty file isn't enough for all of them I'm
afraid :(

thanks -mike