Help debugging Fotowire

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Fri Jan 14 22:34:57 CST 2005

Le ven 14/01/2005 à 19:38, Robert Shearman a écrit :
> Antti Mäkelä wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >  I'm trying to get a (Win or Mac) software from my local photo printing
> >shop to work. The software is in Finnish, and downloadable from
> >
> >http://www.ifi.fi/programs/IFI_OnlineFoto.exe.
> >

> >  The program starts with a wizard. The first dialog box says that the
> >software wants to connect to Internet. When I click next, there is an
> >quick "connecting to server - respond received" dialog box and then an
> >error box with a message that says "erroneous response received - check
> >your connection" and the program returns to the first screen.
> >

> If you can get debug messages working, I would makes sure you are
> running builtin wininet and then get a +wininet log.
>
> >  How do I go on with debugging this problem? I tried setting
> >WINEDEBUG=+all wine fwprint.exe, but no debug messages appear..I'm using
> >Gentoo, kernel 2.6.10, gcc 3.4.
> >

> Hmmm, debug messages should be displayed. Can you think of anything you
> did different to the 20041201 release with regard to installing Wine?

With the Gentoo ebuild, if you don't have "debug" in your USE flags,
it'll pass --disable-debug and/or --disable-trace to ./configure, so you
don't get any messages in your terminal.

Use "-debug" (or whatever the correct syntax is) specifically for wine
and you should now see the debug/trace messages.

Vincent