nv driver causes Xrender bug to be misdetected

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sun Jan 16 08:36:11 CST 2005

Hi,

Using the so-called 'open source' nv driver that ships with Xorg causes
Wine at least on my hardware to misdetect libXrender as being buggy. This
disables clientside font rendering and also causes the entire screen to go
black whenever a Wine application has focus.

Just letting people know in case they see similar symptoms. I normally run
with the binary nvidia driver which doesn't have the same problem, so I'll
not be debugging this anytime soon.

thanks -mike