DCE 1.2.2 released under LGPL license (strategically important for Wine)

Rob Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Tue Jan 18 10:09:44 CST 2005

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> as i mentioned about the sharp requirement for "interoperability", if
> you have stuck to the _exact_ letter of the IDL file format, and other
> areas, making it possible to use either your home-grown IDL compiler or
> dceidl _should_ be a trivial task.

I don't think it is a trivial task. You're welcome to prove me wrong.

> if you know of any source of funds that can be made available and put
> mine and wez's way, i would be delighted to assist you in merging
> what you have with FreeDCE, such that the Wine project can benefit from
> automatically receiving NTLMSSP and "Named Pipe" compatibility, and
> network capability.

If you were to assist in merging now, it would prove that you are right
in that it is a trivial task, it would help to attract Wine developers
to your cause and it might help to attract funding from companies that
can see the potential of what you're trying to do. I encourage you to do so.

Rob