DCE 1.2.2 released under LGPL license (strategically important for Wine)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jan 18 15:11:42 CST 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 01:51:34PM -0600, Robert Shearman wrote:
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> >>I don't think it is a trivial task. You're welcome to prove me wrong.
> >>

> >cool.
> >
> >okay.
> >
> >winehq cvs?  lessavvalook!
> >

> The Wine IDL compiler is here (it is standard Unix code):
> http://cvs.winehq.org/cvsweb/wine/tools/widl/
> The DCE/RPC implementation is here (it is Win32 code):
> http://cvs.winehq.org/cvsweb/wine/dlls/rpcrt4/
> The DCOM part should be shared between rpcrt4 and ole32, but we haven't
> done the ole32 part yet. Don't worry about that much for the moment,
> Mike Hearn and I will get to it in due course.
>
> Instructions for accessing the CVS tree directly are here:
> http://www.winehq.org/site/cvs
> And see here if (or when) you have patches to submit:
> http://www.winehq.org/site/sending_patches

 okay, got that [am borrowing the neighbour's wireless broadband
 *ROTFL*]

 okay.

 okay.

 dlls/ole32/dcom.idl appears to contains _evverrything_.

 freedce/dcom/*.idl contains code split into several bits,
 such as obase.idl and objex.idl and scmscm.idl.

 freedce is missing a definition for ResolveOxid2, and iRemUnknown.

 oh - yes, _that_'s right: wez added interface inheritance, too, iirc.

 [wez, is that right?]

 so - the DCOM code is in the ole32 directory, yes?

 so, can i ask you - where are the key usage points for widl?
 WIDL is entered into every single Makefile and unfortunately
 there is a .idl.h entry in every Makefile too.

 ta,

 l.