DCE 1.2.2 released under LGPL license (strategically important for Wine)

Rob Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Tue Jan 18 23:23:45 CST 2005

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

>On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 03:34:22PM -0600, Robert Shearman wrote:
>

>>Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>>

>>>On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 01:51:34PM -0600, Robert Shearman wrote:
>>>

>>>so - the DCOM code is in the ole32 directory, yes?
>>>

>>Pretty much. We don't really have any code using the DCOM interfaces
>>yet, but we will probably have to soon.
>>

> tests?  tests i notice: those are unit tests?

Yes. We have nice framework in place for writing unit tests. The
convention is that the tests are implemented in the tests subdirectory
of the component you are testing. Writing tests should be fairly easy,
but feel free to ask me or the wine-devel list anything about them.

>>>so, can i ask you - where are the key usage points for widl?
>>>WIDL is entered into every single Makefile and unfortunately
>>>there is a .idl.h entry in every Makefile too.
>>>

>>I'm not quite sure what you mean by "usage points."
>>

> i.e. as in where is it used to generate .h files from .idl files,
> and where is it used [if used] to generate client_stub and server_stub
> code?
>
> naively, i am looking for the points where i can replace the usage of
> widl with dceidl - should i be?

As you guessed before, you can change the ".idl.h" rule in
"Make.rules.in" in the root wine directory. Do a find on *.idl to find
the files that are parsed by widl.

> do you have a simple client/server test program that i can
> compile up [under wine], check it works, then evaluate?

I have sent you a test program off-list as it's quite large. It only
checks a few simple types at the moment, but it can easily be expanded
to more. The .idl file included with it should give the IDL compiler a
good work out though.

Rob