Fwd: Re: Wine builtin mscms.dll

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Thu Jan 20 08:26:35 CST 2005

On Thursday 20 January 2005 08:04, you wrote:

> I got your name from Mike. I was wondering if you could give me a pointer or a
> hint on how to use wine's builtin mscms.dll. A simple DLL override in
> .wine/config does not seem to do the job (using wine-20041210).

Well, you have to realize that development on mscms in Wine has only been
started a couple of months ago. My estimate is that it's now about 20% done
and still missing basic functionality. And I have only weekends to spend
time on it ;( So your best bet at this time is a native mscms.

> (It works with a native mscms.dll file copied to the windows/system directory,
> but with a specific application, makes it 5 times slower).

The 5 times slow down you're seeing is not normal. Maybe you can investigate
the problem a little more and report to the Wine development list at
wine-devel at winehq.org?

 -Hans