Regression : tools/wineinstall fails with an X Error

Paul Vriens Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 20 12:36:27 CST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 18:21, Robert Shearman wrote:
> If it's heap corruption then it could well depend on the order of
> allocations, so it could be timing dependent.
> I've attached a patch that poisons the apartment structure after when it
> is freed so that hopefully any use-after-free will become more obvious.
> Could you apply it and see what the results are? Does the X Error stop?
> Do we now get warnings about accessing a handle of 0xcccccccc (run with
> warn+all for this)?
>
> Rob
I can remember having a conversation with Christian Costa for the same kind of error.

That was after he added some extra filter registration in quartz/regsvr.c. I just played
around with the CoInitialize in register_filters.
I changed CoInitialize(NULL) into CoInitializeEx(NULL,
COINIT_MULTITHREADED) and the error was gone.

When I do the same change now, the X Error is gone as well. Does this
give you a clue?

Paul.