How to create an ODBC DSN

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Fri Jan 21 14:08:05 CST 2005

On January 21, 2005 02:46 am, Martin HEIN wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> How can I use my working unixODBC DSN under wine, or how can I create a
> working Windows-based ODBC DSN using an underlying unixODBC DSN?

It should "work" automatically.
However you may need to look out for problems not associated with the DSN
itself.

I have experienced situations where the DSN itself is working fine but a
Windows program doesn't work because it is looking for information in the
registry, which it doesn't find (since that isn't where unixODBC holds it)

What is the result of export WINEDEBUG=+odbc; wine <myprogram>?

--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
http://webhome.idirect.com/~kbmed