MSI: indentation and style cleanup

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Fri Jan 21 15:02:00 CST 2005

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Mike McCormack <mike at codeweavers.com> writes:
>

>>I thought that crashing on out of memory conditions was a valid method
>>of error handling in the Julliard handbook of coding, so I removed a
>>pointless check :)
>>
>>If we're going to mandate proper checking of memory allocation, then
>>we need to make a janitorial task to do so, as there's many, many
>>places in the code it's not done.
>

> Well yes, ultimately we will need to have proper checks everywhere.
> It's not really high priority, and I don't think there's a need to
> make an effort in this direction at this point. But at least we can
Well, it should be pretty easy to write a short smatch script to find
that occurences. Afair the smatch guys wrote one for the Linux kernel
which would need only small adaptations. And  coincidently i have this
weekend a long flight trip on my schedule ... . And we seem to have some
people now doing janitorial work. I figure 2-3 people would maybe jump
on it, maybe even new people as the task isn't hard at all. If we get
new people it's nice cause they get to see a lot of wine code and get
used to the patch acceptance policy ;). Maybe they get motivated to try
there luck on other wine tasks too.

> avoid removing the checks that are already in place...

bye
	michael
System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart