Oracle - unixODBC - wine - Win32 ODBC Apple [Virus checked]

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Tue Jan 25 17:14:56 CST 2005

On January 25, 2005 08:03 am, Martin HEIN wrote:
> Bill,
>
> I just upgraded to the most recent version of CrossOver Office 4.1
> Professional, a nightly build as of January 25th, 2005, and wine
> reports version 20050111.

(upgraded from Crossover Office 20040716)
So do the "trace:odbc:....." messages display now?
(Anyone at Codeweavers - Does Crossover disable the traces?)

> Furthermore I created a symbolic link from /usr/local/etc/odbcinst.ini
> to /etc/odbcinst.ini, and from /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini to
> /etc/odbc.ini.

Shouldn't matter

> Then I added my DSN (KMPA) to the registry
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBC.ini, just as statet at the
> unixODBC home page, actually they are quoting you! :) My entries are:
>
> 	Driver	REG_SZ	"unixODBC"
> 	User		REG_SZ	""
> 	Password	REG_SZ	""

Did I mention the USer and Password?  It was so long ago I don't remember.
Currently there is now code in the builtin odbc32.dll that attempts to
replicate the unixODBC DSN information into the registry, but it may not do
enough.

> But when running ODBCTE32.exe I still couldn't connect to my database.

As I said, that was because that exe seems to require the new "Wide"
functions.  It isn't going to work until the patch submitted is accepted (or
rejected and a different one accepted)