[winecfg] Show detected audio systems, and offer selection

Rob Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Wed Jan 26 09:12:02 CST 2005

Paul van Schayck wrote:

>Hey Rob,
>
>On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:33:01 -0600, Rob Shearman <rob at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>

>>Instead of generating the dialog box manually, why don't you store it in
>>a resource? It will then be easier to localise and should be easier to
>>use. You could also disable the radio boxes of drivers that cannot be
>>used instead of hiding them and then you wouldn't have to do complicated
>>rearranging.
>>

>It's making the dialog based on the sAudioDrivers array. Dynamically.
>In case you want to add a driver you can simply add an entry to that
>array and the radio box will be created as well. Otherwise you would
>have to edit the resource file as well to add a new driver.

Sorry, ignore my comments then!

>If that seems to be bloated (ie we will rarely add or remove a driver)
>I can indeed just use a static resource.

Hmmm. That's a good question. I guess it would be reasonable if this is
only going to be used on Wine as we control what drivers are shipped
with it if only one dialog box needed updating. Is it reasonable to have
to update 20 or more translations of the dialog box? Probably. but I
wouldn't want to volunteer for that task.

Rob