[winecfg] Show detected audio systems, and offer selection

Paul van Schayck polleke at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 07:06:24 CST 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:23:51 +0100, Andreas Mohr
<andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de> wrote:
> (replying in cautionary mode again)
> Please don't do that!!
> Media is sooo descriptive, you know...
> Almost as descriptive as Multimedia. *shudder*
> Not to mention that this is a *severe* conflict with data storage *media*.
>
> Also, you can bet that in two years the audio area will have some more
> (i.e.: too many for one tab) features listed, at which time someone will have
> the great "why didn't we think of this before?" idea to split the media tab
> up again into its separate parts.

Got the idea from Mike's todo list:
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/07/0427.html

"We should probably merge the X11 Driver and Audio tabs together as
  they both have lots of empty space, and rename it to "Audio and
  Video""

So just keep the Audio tab and remove the autodetect button. Or keep
it all the same. But that would bring us back to the original
question. How should we handle multiple detected audio systems?
I think removing the auto detect would the best solution.

Paul