Regression in comctl32 Treeview (breaks Filezilla)

Hannu Valtonen Hannu.Valtonen at hut.fi
Thu Jan 27 18:11:19 CST 2005

Hi,

The following patch:

ChangeSet ID:	15259
CVSROOT:	/opt/cvs-commit
Module name:	wine
Changes by:	julliard at wine.codeweavers.com	2005/01/07 09:34:25

Modified files:
	dlls/comctl32  : treeview.c

Log message:
	Crestez Leonard <cleonard at go.ro>
	Fix bug with Treeview_SelectItem reselecting the same item.

Patch: http://cvs.winehq.org/patch.py?id=15259

Old revision  New revision  Changes     Path
 1.160         1.161         +0 -3       wine/dlls/comctl32/treeview.c

Breaks Filezilla's (filezilla.sourceforge.net) add new site dialog. The
way to reproduce it is to go to the Site manager and click the "New
site" button. (Doesn't work even with latest CVS)

Without the check which the patch removes,

     if (prevSelect == newSelect)
         return FALSE;

The dialog goes to an infinite loop. (you can exit it if you just hold
the ESC-key down for long enough)

I have no idea whether the rationale Leonard provided with his patch is
correct, but it does break Filezilla.

The binary file for Filezilla can be gotten from:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/filezilla/FileZilla_2_2_10_setup.exe?download
and the source file from:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/filezilla/FileZilla_2_2_10_src.zip?download

I would appreciate it if some comctl32 messaging guru could step up and
take look at this problem

--
- Hannu Valtonen
Hannu.Valtonen at hut.fi