[Fwd: Wine-Wiki.org]

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Jan 28 03:31:58 CST 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net wrote:

> Francois Gouget wrote:
> [Snip]
>>
>>  * Test the application on a regular basis.
>>
>>    Ideally you would test it once a week so that you can quickly notify the
>> Wine developers of any regression. The earlier a Wine regression is
>> noticed, the easier it will be to locate the change that causing it and the
>> more likely it is to be fixed.
>>    At the very least you should test the application with each Wine
>> release. If you detect a regression at that point it is likely you will
>> have to go through regression testing to identify the patch causing the
>> problem.
>>    Also mention any stability problem.
>
> I thought I was :-)

No, I'm not talking about your concept of stability here. Maybe you
realised that but just in case to make things clear, here I'm asking the
maintainer to mention in his report whether the application tends to
crash or freeze seemingly randomly (if it's a specific action that
causes trouble it would go in the list of things that don't work).

> So instead of answering the question you avoid the question entirly.

Wine's release cycle is simply irrelevant to the Application
Maintainer's Guide.

                             $live{free} || die "";