MSVCRT: Re-implement *printf

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 19:18:40 CST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:48:12 +0000, Aneurin Price <alp108 at cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:
> Changelog:
>
> > Re-implement all *printf functions in msvcrt.dll, according to
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_crt_format_specification_fields_.2d_.printf_and_wprintf_functions.asp
> >
> > and descriptions of appropriate functions.
> > This should fix, among other things, bugs 321 and 2075.
> >

> Nobody has any comments about this?

Sorry for being late at responding.  I took a look at it finally like
a week ago.  You can definately break up the patch.  I'd say make the
moving of the functions from file.c into printf.c a seperate patch,
the last one really.  It's extra noise right now.

You could also handle the wide-char printf changes seperate as well as
changes to the fprintfish functions.  Maybe if you do this, you can
migrate printf in steps.  wide-char printf and fprintf's already work
for what they do, so we can impliment the standard printf first, test
it out itself and then moving in the other patches should be dead
simple.  I'm not sure 100% on this, because... I've never done this
before!  But since I've been studying this for some time I think I can
least make the suggestion =).

Jesse