[game] Running; Dark Reign - The future of war with Wine

Joachim Schiele js at lastlog.de
Mon Jan 31 09:23:49 CST 2005

Dear Wine Developers,
I've tried to get this game running with wine but after starting i get a nice
main menu (sound is ok, too) but there is no mouse. You can't use the mouse
altough there is a nice animated cursor. There must be something wrong with
wine because in cedega it's working nice. More about this in [2] check the
comment from me to dig further into this problem.

My question is where should I start to search for the mouse problem? Was there
a similar problem with other games in the past? Also note i've already tested
the DX grab and the DGA settings with no effect.

Maybe this problem is solved very fast! That would be goot because then  i
could start working on the network/IPX/IP things to get network play working.
Dark Reign - The future of War and The Rise Of the Shadowhand is running
quite nice with cedega, and I believe if only the mouse would be working it
would do the same with wine!

Thanks for wine,
thanks for your help & and valuable time,

Greets,
Joachim Schiele

=============================
 The error message
=============================

joachim at knabber:~/darkreign$ wine dkreign.exe
Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the config
file
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x77c4c018)->(00010022,00000008)
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x77c4c018)->(00010022,00000013)
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to
8
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to
8
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_DDHAL_CreatePalette stub
fixme:mmtime:timeBeginPeriod Stub; we set our timer resolution at minimum
fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel level=DSSCL_PRIORITY not
fully supported
fixme:mci:MCI_LoadMciDriver Couldn't load driver for type CDAUDIO.
If you don't have a windows installation accessible from Wine,
you perhaps forgot to create a [mci] section in system.ini
fixme:mci:MCI_LoadMciDriver Couldn't load driver for type CDAUDIO.
If you don't have a windows installation accessible from Wine,
you perhaps forgot to create a [mci] section in system.ini
fixme:wave:DSD_CreateSecondaryBuffer
(0x77c4c5e0,0x77acff20,e0,0,0x77c8b58c,0x77c8b67c,0x77c8b568): stub

 Links

[1] http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?appId=154
[2] http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?appId=154&versionId=2740