Xnews regression from update region handling

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Jan 31 09:33:52 CST 2005

Rein Klazes <wijn at wanadoo.nl> writes:

> In erase_now() the aptly coded endless loop is never broken out, and
> loops on the same window over and over. Before the change this was coded
> quite differently (traversing the window's child tree) and could not
> loop indefinitely. I am quite stuck what should be the reason why the
> loop is expected to end in the first place. Perhaps you want to have a
> look.

The loop ends because erasing the window clears the erase bits.
Unfortunately in that case the app does a RedrawWindow(RDW_ERASE)
inside the WM_ERASEBKGND handler, so the window is marked as needing
erase again. The algorithm will probably need to be changed, but the
first step would be to write a test case and see how Windows behaves
in that case.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org