[game] Running; Dark Reign - The future of war with Wine

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Jan 31 14:40:16 CST 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 05:45:15PM +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:23:49 +0100, Joachim Schiele wrote:
> > My question is where should I start to search for the mouse problem? Was there
> > a similar problem with other games in the past? Also note i've already tested
> > the DX grab and the DGA settings with no effect.
>
> Look at DirectInput, a +dinput trace should be OK. Apparently our
> DirectInput implementation isn't so hot ...

Well, first try to apply Carlos' patch to see if it is the same issue that
prevented Fallout to have the mouse working or if it is another one.

And then do rather a +event,+dinput trace to see if the problem is in DInput
or 'upstream' in Wine's event handler (which can happen if the game has
focus problems for example).

          Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/