(long) From the front lines: 20050628 release impressions

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Fri Jul 1 06:57:51 CDT 2005

Michael Jung schreef:
> On Friday 01 July 2005 13:15, Holly Bostick wrote:
>
>>Using autodetect, /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc is mapped to the I drive, for
>>goodness' sake!
>

> Could you show us the relevant entry in your fstab? Winecfg has a blacklist
> for filesystem types not to be mapped to a drive letter and 'proc' is one of
> them. Would be interesting to see what has happened here.
>
> Bye,

Sure! Here's the whole thing:

/dev/hda5               /                               reiserfs
 noatime                    0 0
LABEL=boot              /boot                           ext3
 noauto,noatime             1 1
none                    /dev/shm                        tmpfs
 nodev,nosuid,noexec        0 0
/dev/hda7               /home                           reiserfs
 noatime                    0 0
none                    /proc                           proc
 defaults                   0 0
none                    /sys                            sysfs
 defaults                   0 0
none                    /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc        binfmt_misc
 defaults                   0 0
LABEL=games             /usr/local/games                ext3
 auto,users,exec,grpid      1 1
LABEL=backup            /usr/local/storage              ext3
 auto,users,exec,grpid      1 1
/dev/hda1               none                            swap
 sw                         0 0
/dev/evms/lvm2/vg/torrents /home/stuff                  reiserfs
auto,users,exec,noatime     0 0

#/dev/hdd2               /media/idedisk          reiserfs
noauto,user,exec                   0 0
/dev/hda6               /media/idedisk         reiserfs
noauto,user,exec               0 0
#/dev/hda9               /media/idedisk2         ext3
noauto,user,exec               0 0
#/dev/hda8               /media/idedisk3         ext3
noauto,user,exec               0 0
#/dev/floppy/0          /media/floppy           auto
noauto,user,exec               0 0
/dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder       auto
users,exec,noauto,unhide       0 0

Not mapped by autodetect:

/boot
/dev/shm
/proc
/sys
all commented entries.

Mapped by autodetect (interestingly, autodetect adds the mappings to
what I have done manually, rather than replacing them, which is nice, so
this list is in order after my manually mapped drives):

/home (H:)
/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc (I:)
/usr/local/storage (J:)
/home/stuff (K:)
/media/idedisk (L:)

I had manually moved /media/cdrecorder to M:, /usr/local/games to D:,
/tmp to Y:, and ${HOME} to G:, so even though these mappings were all
originally autodetected, only those listed above are added if I open
winecfg and run autoconfig; any autodetectable settings which already
have an entry are not changed (also snazzy :-) ).

Hope that helps,
Holly