WineD3D glx -> wgl patch

Nick Burns adger44 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 3 05:40:14 CDT 2005

I have made a patch to make wined3d use wgl instead of glx (tested under
win98se gf4 4200 and winxp gffx 5500) and would like to extend it and see it
into the wine tree.

This patch also applies the d3d9patch.2005-06-13.diff (heavily modified due
to changes in wine head).

I can send the files (sources and binaries) (and patch) and test programs
(d3d9 demos mainly), if interested. The patch is rather large (1.3 MB raw
text) and I'm hesitant to simply post it.

The dlls (d3d9.dll -> wined3d.dll -> cygwin1.dll) were compiled under
cygwin.

Most of the simple d3d9 demos work perfect (even supports window resizing
kinda)
But the more complex demos are giving me some trouble (crashing)
I have not really had time to run real games under this...

Also I deactivated all the debugging stuff for windows/cygwin compiles (it
gave lots of problems)
--I will be looking into this soon