Assembly problem with glu library

Robert Lunnon bobl at optushome.com.au
Mon Jul 4 06:06:38 CDT 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 04:14, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Robert Lunnon <bobl at optushome.com.au> writes:
> > They probably will. There are two cases that need to be catered for on a
> > runtime Solaris / OpenSolariss system, gcc linked with solaris as
> > (Sunfreeware / GCC Default config ) and gcc linked with gnu as (which is
> > now being supplied on the companion CD by Sun) such as is required to
> > actually build wine. At runtime we cannot necessarily expect to get the
> > same compiler wine was built with.
>
> The ideal case would be to have a #ifdef for which assembler is used
> so that the same generated code could compile on both, but I'm
> guessing gcc doesn't export anything of the kind right?

Right !, I could use a registry variable to decide so at least it could be
setup at runtime. It's not hard to actually determine GCCs build and which as
is used (I already did this for wines configure.ac) so this could be done on
first run (like building the font metrics).

I also dug in a bit more, the variations in util.c are not differences between
Solaris as and gas but rather are differences between the x86 gas and the
SPARC gas. GNU as for SPARC these days supports .string and .short so it's
safe to use those for both x86 and SPARC. This is how I have handled this for
the moment. I would still like to make winebuild as independent if I could.
But this would mean more work, because Solaris AS doesn't support .short
its .2byte instead.

Bob