PATCH: olepicture without libgif/libjpeg

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Mon Jul 4 22:18:38 CDT 2005

Le lun 04/07/2005 à 21:24, Robert Shearman a écrit :
> Marcus Meissner wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >some confused users compile WINE without libgif or libjpeg
> >support.
> >
> >Make sure the testcase works without this compiled in.
> >

> Here is my opinion: the test cases running in Wine are designed to make
> sure that any program that uses the same code paths in the tested
> functions will work on Wine. If the user hasn't got libgif or libjpeg
> support then their Wine build isn't fully functional and the failing
> tests should be putting up a red flag for them to fix that by adding
> libgif-devel or libjpeg-devel to their system.

Not sure that's the way to deal with it. Taken further, it means all
Wine dependancies can be viewed as hard ones, which we've been steadily
moving away from. The output from configure is where to put that kind of
thing. If we feel a dependancy is important, we should issue a message
at the end of configure if it is missing, warning of possible severe
missing functionnality, like we currently do for X and some others. If
we think only a message wouldn't be enough, make configure fail (like it
probably does if gcc isn't installed).

The test harness is there to check functionnality between Wine and
Windows, not to troubleshoot a particular user setup (although it can
probably be used for that as well). configure is better suited for that.

Vincent