LoadImage & 32bpp bitmaps

Frank Richter frank.richter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 10:20:44 CDT 2005

Hi,
I have a bit of trouble with loading a 32bpp RGBA bitmap from a
resource. On Windows, using LoadImage() and LR_CREATEDIBSECTION the
alpha values stays the same; however, doing the same on Wine, the alpha
channel gets clobbered. I suspect it's the StretchDIBits() call, as
hacking around that by memcpy()ing the bitmap bits into the returned DIB
section makes it work... is memcpy()ing feasible?

I also checked StretchDIBits() (and BitBlt()), both preserve alpha when
blitting between 32bpp DIB sections... so maybe it's in order to add
alpha preservation to those functions?

-f.r.