LoadImage & 32bpp bitmaps

Frank Richter frank.richter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 13:46:00 CDT 2005

On 06.07.2005 20:23, Alex Villací­s Lasso wrote:
> Your problem sounds like one I am having for a long time with VB6
> applications which use a toolbar: any icon with transparency gets its
> transparency clobbered in Wine.

Hm... sure those VB6 apps use bitmaps with alpha?... AFAIK, 32bpp
bitmaps got "widespread" only after Windows XP and the fancy new UI
stuff. I'd assume that some typical VC6 app doesn't use any of the
fanciness...

Anyway, I stumbled upon the issue while tinkering with the theme code.
So to see the problem, you'd need a Windows XP theme that uses alpha
somewhere (e.g. the standard ones), a program utilizing themes (e.g.
"Theme Explorer"... I got it off the web some time ago, could mail it to
you) and some patches from me to have uxtheme use AlphaBlt() (which it
currently doesn't yet).

If that didn't scare you off, I can upload patches etc. somewhere. ;)

-f.r.