Get FireFox button ?

Tom Wickline twickline at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 07:09:52 CDT 2005

On 7/6/05, Sijmen Mulder <sjmulder at gmail.com> wrote:
> He's got a point there. The target audience is mostly the Linux user -
> which won't be using Internet Explorer anyways!

Are you referring to Wine's target audience?

IMHO, the target audience is Linux, BSD, Solaris, Windows and soon Mac user's.
And since MS holds a dominate position in the OS market there audience
is one if not the most important of all. As Wine is a tool to help
people migrate away for Windows as well as being a tool to keep people
from going back. So when the day comes and Wine 1.0 ships and its a
release meant for home users, mom & pop.. I would expect a fair amount
of the visitors to winehq will be Windows user wondering if there
favorite peace of software will work on one of the many alternative
operating systems.

So I disagree that Linux is the only/main intended audience.

Tom