App db not accepting screen shots....

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Fri Jul 8 13:28:45 CDT 2005

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 18:29:07 +0200, Oliver Stieber
<oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

I would have thought anyone capable of taking a screen shot is capable of
resizing an image.

Just say what size you want in px (and a max file just in case) and
suggest users try to upload a suitable size if poss.

It's all very slick if it works but still wastes bandwidth if the server
is going to reduce it and loses quality if it is going to expand it.

There's also a good chance that person who submits will produce a better
end-result than the server in terms of quality.

I have seen some screenshots in the DB that were so poor you could hardly
make them out.

Say what you want: them as don't ask, don't get.

;)