[Wine]june 2005 release and 'registry' ?

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 22:16:32 CDT 2005

On 7/8/05, Hiji <hijinio at yahoo.com> wrote:
> How are DLL overrides done in winecfg?

What may not be obvious is the "Applications" tab in winecfg is tied
to the other tabs.  We should probably add a sentence in the
description of that tab to briefly explain it links to other ones
(inc. "Graphics").  In fact, I'm procrastinating, so maybe I'll just
try to submit a patch for that.

So if you want to change systemwide overrides:

1) Select "Default Settings" in the Applications tab.
2) Then move to the "Libraries" tab and enter the name of the DLL in
"New override" box, such as "msi.dll" and click on "Add".
3) "Edit" the load order as necessary in the box below.

If you want to change the override for one application, "Add" the new
application in the "Applications" tab, select it on that tab, and then
move to "Libraries" to create an override.  If you update to the
latest CVS you'll see a different Libraries tab than what was in
wine-20050628 and it follows what I described above.  The layout is
different in wine-20050628, but it's essentially the same concept.

-Brian