[Wine]june 2005 release and 'registry' ?

Adam Cooper adam.cooper at port.ac.uk
Mon Jul 11 07:09:44 CDT 2005

I was just wondering about this new system of doing things. I quite like
the new config method. It doesn't allow the indepth configuration that
the old .config file did but I'm sure thats not going to be a problem.

I was thinking though, will windows programs have access to these
configuration registry entries? Or are they somehow protected. If any
windows program can view these entries then they could perhaps refuse to
install. i.e. Valve decide HL3 shouldn't run under wine and so don't let
it.

Thanks

--
Adam Cooper <adam.cooper at port.ac.uk>