commctrl: initial button theming support

Frank Richter frank.richter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 07:59:25 CDT 2005

On 11.07.2005 14:47, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> Not that I am any kind of expert here but would it not make sense to
> implement things the way windows does it? From what I know, windows
> implements it via activation contexts and manifests.

Yes, doing it the exact Windows way would require to implement all that
side-by-side DLL stuff - what you mentioned and probably more - first.
Which requires significant effort.
Doing it with hooks from comctl32 is an approximation of the Windows way
(actually, they re-implement the controls in comctl32 6.0, we just
partially) that works quite well - here and now.

-f.r.