Automatic wined3d/d3d9/gfx testing in wine

Nick Burns adger44 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 13 15:21:22 CDT 2005

Do any of the other devs out there have any ideas how to do some nice and
easy automatic gfx testing for d3d9, etc...

At present my testing methods are slow and easily prone to error (does it
look like what d3d9 gave me?). I run the test on one computer (real d3d9)
then on my other (wined3d d3d9) and compare.

It seems as thou this would be rather nice
e.g.
have a specific set of output (gfx either pics or vid or ??? -- speed would
be hard to MEET as a req.) gathered from (various) windows machines
and then try to regenerate this output with wine's d3d9
----
Fraps may be useful for this type of endovur or mayhap a gigantic test suite
(that tests every aspect of d3d9 -- this would be large and... take a long
time to do + demos already exist)

At present there are LOTS of d3d9 demos that do things a certain way (not
always the correct way) and wined3d/d3d9 should match these as close as
possible
----

Well any thoughts? Has this been done?

Well just throwing this out there -- one more in the void cannot hurt...

Nick