stdole2.tlb

Hiji hijinio at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 19:35:35 CDT 2005

--- Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> > By the same logic, you must make sure Windows is
> installed.
> > This is a developers list and Ivan is saying (and
> I hope I interpreted
> > this right) that the only thing blocking him from
> installing GTA: San
> > Andreas out of the box is a missing stdole2.
>
> I don't know if it's the only thing..but it's the
> first one, so
> I can't proceed further. I was interested if GTA
> would run with
> the new d3d additions.
>
> > Ivan, I believe the status was that a similar
> enough stdole2 cannot be
> > generated using widl without some extensions.
> > There are two options:
> > 1. Generate the file manually by invoking
> ICreateTypeLib2 functions (I
> > believe Microsoft do it this way).
> > 2. Add another mode to widl that allows the
> necessary forward references
> > in idl files. Huw Davies knows more about this
> problem.
>
> I'm not sure how helpful I can be - just wanted to
> be informed,
> and to bring some attention to the problem - thanks
> for the update.

I believe this is related to the work that Jeremy W.
and co. are working on.  That is, they are working on
getting the installer fully functional.  I had a
similar issue installing Flash MX as it needed
stdole32.tlb, but after December's release, I could
not use a native version.

So, the best thing to do is to hang in there and wait
for that installer to get done.

Hiji