Half-Life 2 / Counter-Strike: Source under Wine

Andreas Schneider andreas.schneider at linux-gamers.net
Sun Jul 17 04:01:24 CDT 2005

To make it easier entering HL2 menu, you can disable the animated
background and kill the start video.

Here is my hl2 tweaking guide:

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=60

I have to update it after my exams. Suggestions are welcome :)

The howto section will be wiki like soon (I hope end of july).

	-- andreas

James Liggett wrote:
> Wow, you're not kidding... ;-) I did have some better luck with HL2
> deathmatch and CS:Source though. I can create servers and actually try
> to play, but currently the mouse movement is way too sluggish. If you
> give it a second or two to compensate for the slowness, weapon firing
> animations are pretty fluid, but only for a few seconds. You can even
> walk around somewhat. Hey, it's a start :) I can give you some
> screenshots of the multiplayer stuff if you like.
>
> James
>
> On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 17:29 -0400, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 13:54 -0700, James Liggett wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Ivan,
>>>Yesterday I read your posts on the list saying that you're able to get
>>>HL2 to run with some patches.
>>
>>The only patch that I'm using outside wine-cvs is here:
>>http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-patches/2005/03/0504.html
>>
>>It's necessary to let you type the Steam password
>>and download HL2 over the web (since MSI still doesn't work).
>>

>>> That's great--I can't wait to see it
>>>actually be playable. :)
>>
>>You'd have to wait a bit more, currently it's way too slow (I really
>>mean this...). I'll post some screenshots on appdb when it
>>becomes playable with cvs.
>>
>>You might want to try:
>>directxwine.sf.net

- --