[wined3d] pbuffer support

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 12:00:32 CDT 2005

--- Raphael <fenix at club-internet.fr> wrote:

> On Wednesday 20 July 2005 01:57, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 19:02 +0100, Oliver Stieber wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > This patch implements the use of PBuffers for offscreen textures.
> > > The fads in Pirates should now appear fullscreen, the
> > > dx9_offscreen_rendering tutorial has an odd problem with ATI's drivers,
> > > clicking the window and moving the mouse will cause the tutorial to
> > > render properly, I haven't found anything else with this problem yet and
> > > I don't currently have a workaround.
> > >
> > > Registry entries and options in winecfg to change to enable and disable
> > > pbuffers will be added in a later patch.
> >
> > Regression in HL2: http://ivan.ivg2.net/scr.png
> > Screen is almost completely white - no textures.

I expect this is caused by states not being in sync between the pbuffer and old buffer, or
textures not being loaded properly... I've just sent in a patch that should correct the latter.

> > New messages (maybe?):

> > fixme:d3d9:IDirect3DDevice9Impl_CreateSurface (0x7ff6b940) call to
> > IWineD3DDevice_CreateSurface failed
> > fixme:d3d9:D3D9CB_CreateSurface (0x7ff6b940)
> > IDirect3DDevice9_CreateSurface failed
> > fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateTexture Failed to create surface
> > 0x7d161620
> > fixme:d3d9:IDirect3DDevice9Impl_CreateTexture (0x7ff6b940) call to
> > IWineD3DDevice_CreateTexture failed

I'll change those to warns once I'm sure that memory management and object tracking is working
properly, creating the texture and surface failed because there wasn't enough bogus memory.
Halflife uses this to guestamate how much memory the graphics card has.