Changing DLL imports in wine

Damjan Jovanovic dj015 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 05:46:22 CDT 2005

--- Marcus Meissner <meissner at suse.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 05:06:47AM -0700, Damjan
> Jovanovic wrote:
> >

> > --- Marcus Meissner <meissner at suse.de> wrote:

> > > Wine
> > > DLL's
> > > table at
> > >
> > > For exactly what purpose?
> > >
> > > If you want to snoop those calls, we already
> have
> > > mechanisms for
> > > this in place.
> >
> > Not sure what you mean by "snoop"; I want to alter
> > some   functions (CreateFile, ReadFile, WriteFile,
> and
> > DeviceIoControl) in a particular DLL so that they
> are
> > rerouted to libusb, for example.
>
> Might not be easy.
>
> You have to add yourself to dlls/ntdll/file.c
>
> NtCreateFile, NtWriteFile, NtReadFile ...

Last time I suggested that people were not happy, to
say the least.

What I had in mind is writing my own implementation of
CreateFile and the like, that deal with those
functions, and call wine's own CreateFile and family
as necessary.

It's definitely possible, I was just wondering if wine
has any built-in mechanisms for patching DLL imports.

> Ciao, Marcus

Bye
Damjan