How to test a win16 application in our test-suite

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jul 25 16:25:05 CDT 2005

    Paul> Hi, I'm busy fixing up version.dll, and I want to create some
    Paul> tests to read resources from win16 applications. I currently have
    Paul> a fixed .exe in my tests directory, but I'd like to create a 16bit
    Paul> .exe (or .dll) during the creation of the tests.

    Paul> Any idea's ?

I just installed
wget http://openwatcom.mirrors.pair.com/open-watcom-win32-1.3.exe
and after starting wcmd, running setvars.bat I started binnt/ide.exe, opened
up samples/win/alarm/win16/alarm.wpj and could compile alarm.exe
cd src; wcl -l=windows hello.c
compiled a 16-bit executable (non-windows executable)
Still searching how to compile a 16-bit executable.

Perhaps this helps
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de