Automatic ANSI<>Unicode message translation

Troy Rollo wine at troy.rollo.name
Mon Jul 25 19:15:58 CDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:29, Phil Krylov wrote:

> I could remove map_wparam_AtoW() and map_wparam_WtoA() from
> dlls/user/message.c, but probably somebody needs that translation. Does
> anybody have an idea of a better fix for that bug?

If you call SendMessageW under native Windows the translation happens. If you
call SendMessageA it does not. This is all exactly what I would expect.

By my test, sending 0xf301 with SendMessageA gets 0xf301 on Windows, and with
SendMessageW gets 0x003f. Sending with SendMessageA on Wine gets 0x0001 and
with SendMessageW gets 0x003f.