Automatic ANSI<>Unicode message translation

Troy Rollo wine at troy.rollo.name
Wed Jul 27 03:28:05 CDT 2005

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 18:16, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> Did you test specifically A->W conversion of the message data or something
> else?

I tested the CP_ACP conversions and the GetACP call. I also disassembled
kernel32.dll to see how it populated CP_ACP (if I recall correctly it
populated it from a registry key under either HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, so perhaps a change in the registry could cause the same
behaviour as a process calling SetCPGlobal, but threads within a single
process can never have a different CP_ACP).