Benchmark's on the Wiki

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 08:48:48 CDT 2005

--- Tom Wickline <twickline at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/26/05, Mitchell Mebane <mmebane at ev1.net> wrote:
> >  I'd be interested to see how 3DMark05 runs. Do Oliver's patches support it
> > yet?
>
> Back in April 3DMark05 would install and load but there was a lack of
> Pixel Shader 2.0
> support, so none of the test would run.
>
> http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/?minreq
>
> A quick look at : http://directxwine.sourceforge.net/
> "pixel shaders should be implemented in the next release or two
> depending on the amount of regression and other bugs that popup."
>
> Oliver would you have a ETA for Pixel Shader 2/3 ?

I hope to get vertexshaders into winecvs by Friday this week, it's more or less the same as
vertexshader support in d3d8 but with a load of parser fixes (it can now parse V2 and 3 shaders).
Pixelshaders are more or less identical to vertexshaders so they should follow soon afterwards.

To properly support version 2 and 3 shaders we need to use GL shader language instead of vertex
and fragment program, it expect it to take a couple of weeks to get a cross compiler up and
running. Blends also needs to be implemented using shaders to efficiently use VBO and the cards
onboard memory for animated models. This affect more applications / games than V2 and 3 shaders so
I'll try and develop it first.